2. By registering for and/or otherwise attending an Event, you will provide the Organizer with, and the Organizer will collect, certain information. This information may be broadly described as follows:
- Personal Information: name, address, phone number, email address, billing and credit card information, order history, feedback, IP address and location, digital device name, type and configuration, the details relating to Event that you attend, the URL from which you accessed an Event website, demographic information, and other such 'Personal Information'.
- General Information: General Information: We also receive more general information from you as a result of your attendance at an Event, and visits to and use of an Event website. This general information does not identify you personally, and can include information such as your feedback and comments on an Event, your IP address, the length of time you spend on an Event website, your browsing history, and other such 'General Information'.
3. The Organizer collects your Personal Information to enable it, amongst other things, to provide its services to you. The Organizer takes all steps reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information.
4. The Organizer also collects your General Information to allow us, amongst other things, to better understand the persons who attend the Events, to improve the design and structure of the Events, and to improve the layout and functionality of the Events’ websites. We may use and disclose anonymous information, including aggregate, anonymous information derived from your Personal Information, to inform publishers, partners, and other interested parties as to the attendance and usage habits or characteristics of our subscriber base, and to serve any other business purposes.
5. The Organizer may disclose your Personal Information for general operational purposes, such as:
- The Organizer’s use of other companies and/or individuals to perform functions on its behalf (e.g. Processing credit card payments, providing customer service, data hosting services), and in such circumstances, these companies or individuals will be provided access to only such Personal Information required to fulfill their functions (and only with the agreement that they not use your Personal Information for any other purposes); and
- Purposes intended to deliver publications to you, verify your account information, verify access to publications, determine whether you meet the minimum system requirements for use of any Event website, provide you tailored content and instructions, targeted promotions, provide customer support, seek your input regarding the Events and any Event website, and better understand how the Event website is being used.
6. The Organizer may also disclose any Personal Information it has about you (including your identity) if it determines that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your attendance at an Event or use of an Event website, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the Organizer’s or other third parties’ rights or property. The Organizer may also disclose any Personal Information it has about you as required by applicable law.
9. Any information that the Organizer collects and stores that is personally identifiable is protected using appropriate means, and although the Organizer does so, the Organizer will not be held responsible for any unauthorized access by third parties.
10. Event websites may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that the Organizer is not responsible for the privacy practices of web sites not operated by the Organizer, and the Organizer cannot guarantee the security of any of your Personal Information collected there. The Organizer encourages you to read the privacy statements of each and every third party web site that collects your Personal Information.